WARRANTIES AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
All vehicles, whether they’re old or new, require regular maintenance to operate at their full potential. However, even with this prevention, mechanical and technical problems can still arise. Our Confidence Plus Warranty and SafeRoute Roadside Assistance will ensure you can hit the road worry-free.
FIND A REPAIR SHOPNEAR YOU
SAFEROUTE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Caught in a snowbank in the middle of nowhere? Got a flat tire just outside your home or while on a road trip? Your car’s battery is dead? As a driver, you hope these scenarios never happen to you, but the reality is they can occur at any time. At Auto Value Certified Service Centers, we understand that these situations are far from pleasant. That’s why we offer all of our customers SafeRoute Roadside Assistance, a reimbursement program that provides comfort and peace of mind in any of the following situations**:
- Unlocking the door
- Changing a flat tire – If the affected vehicle covered by the program doesn’t have a drivable spare tire, or if it has two or more flat tires, the vehicle will be towed.
- Delivering fuel, oil, fluid and water – An emergency supply of fuel (if authorized), oil, fluid and water will be delivered to any covered vehicle to meet the immediate needs. The customer must pay the cost of the delivery of the fluids.
- Car battery jump-starts
*Up to $75 CAD per claim. Maximum 3 claims per year.
** In Canada, you may use the service provider of your choice. We recommend that you contact your local Auto Value Certified Service Center for a referral to a service provider or even to receive assistance from a nearby Auto Value Certified Service Center repair shop. If you’re not in Canada, you must request SafeRoute Roadside Assistance at 1-877-230-0369. Our SafeRoute Roadside Assistance team will take care of your vehicle.
- The duration of coverage is 1 year from the date of the invoice
- Refunds up to a maximum of $225 CAD
- 24hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The driver of the vehicle must be present with the covered vehicle when the roadside assistance provider arrives; roadside assistance cannot be provided to an unattended vehicle. If the driver is not present with the covered vehicle, the consumer may be charged additional fees that are not reimbursable under this program.
- Program advantages are limited to the vehicle listed on the invoice (the “Covered Vehicle”) and will be provided to the vehicle owner, spouse and/or dependent children while driving the Covered Vehicle.
- The program is not transferable.
This program will not pay or reimburse for:
- Repairs or damage to a covered vehicle.
- Cost of parts, spare parts, lubricants, fluids; cost of installation, products or materials.
- Tire repair, non-emergency mounting or dismounting of any type of tire, snow tire or tire with chains.
- Service on a vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed.
- Impounding or towing other than by an authorized vehicle service provider, storage fees.
- Any additional work related to towing due to equipment or processes required to transport your covered vehicle due to non-factory modifications or upgrades made to the covered vehicle.
- Towing from a service station, garage or repair shop; towing from another authorized service station or garage; a second tow for the same breakdown.
- Towing or service on roads that are not regularly maintained, such as sandy beaches, open fields, forests, and areas designated as impassable due to construction, etc.
- Towing by order of the law in cases of traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law.
- Fines, tickets or traffic penalties.
- Assistance is not provided for emergencies resulting from the use of alcohol, intoxicants, narcotics or the use of the covered vehicle in the commission of a crime.
- Any roadside assistance service provided to a covered vehicle by an individual’s assistance is not covered and is not reimbursable.
- Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service.
Neither SafeRoute nor the participating auto repair shop is responsible for the acts or omissions of independent contractors.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Who can benefit from SafeRoute Roadside Assistance?
By trusting your vehicle to the team at one of our Auto Value Certified Service Centers, you automatically benefit from the SafeRoute Roadside Assistance reimbursement program.
For more information about our roadside assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact your local Auto Value Certified Service Center.
Do I have to pay the service provider?
Yes, you must pay the service provider. You can then apply for a refund from the SafeRoute Roadside Assistance program.
How do I get a refund?
To receive a reimbursement, you must provide the following information within sixty (60) days of the incident:
- Your current contact information, including your phone number and address; the name of the driver at the time of the breakdown and their relationship to the vehicle owner listed on the invoice; and the type of assistance for which you’re requesting a reimbursement.
- A copy of one of the following documents: The original roadside assistance receipt or a credit card statement showing the charges for roadside assistance – please hide your credit card number before submitting your statement.
- A copy of the repair shop invoice showing the following: The repair shop’s name and address, a readable date, the customer’s name, address and phone number, and the vehicle’s year, make and model.
Please submit claims by: Fax: 1-866-692-1609 (toll free)
Address: SafeRoute Customer Care, P.O. Box 17659, Golden, CO 80402